Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Defeat is not an option!!!



EXODUS 14: 10-15 and 21-22
10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up and saw the Egyptians coming after them. Then the Israelites were terrified and cried out to the Lord for help. 
11 They said to Moses: "Is it because there are no graves in Egypt that you took us to die in the wilderness? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt?
12 "Isn't this what we told you in Egypt: Leave us alone so that we may serve the Egyptians? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than die in the wilderness."
13 But Moses said to the people, "DON'T BE AFRAID! Stand firm and see the Lord's salvation He will provide for you today; for the Egyptians you see today, you will never see again."
14 "The Lord will fight for you; you must be quiet."
15 The Lord said to Moses, "Why are you crying out to Me? Tell the Israelites to break camp and march.
21 Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea. The Lord drove the sea back with a powerful east wind all night and turned the sea into dry land. So the waters were divided,
22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with the waters like a wall to them on their right and their left.

Wow! If you haven't had a chance to read in the Bible the exodus of  Israel from the land of Egypt you should definitely take some time to check it out. Amazing stuff! But getting to the topic of the day. Reading this biblical story has reminded me once again that "DEFEAT IS NOT AN OPTION"!

Just like the Israelites, when we're in difficult times; when we're in situations that we don't know where to turn or where to go; when we feel like where stuck, sometimes all we do is complain and want to quit. The adversity we face feels virtually impossible to overcome. We feel like we're stuck in between a massive army and a sea of problems and have no way out. 

Have you ever felt this way? Have you ever wanted to quit because your problems look so bad that you think there is no way out? Well if you have ever felt like this your not alone!

Look at the Israelites in the story above. God had already showed the people of Israel His power and glory in Egypt when the Pharaoh did not want to let them go and fulfill their destiny. God brought upon Egypt 10 plagues and God took the Israelites out of slavery and servitude with an iron fist. Now, the Israelites find themselves in between the Pharaoh's army and the read sea and no where to go. What's the first thing they do, THEY START TO COMPLAIN!!! They are all like; "why this? why that? why us? we should of, would of, could of! It's your fault Moses! LOL sound familiar? I don't know about you but sounds like me back when I've been in tough situations. I started complaining and looked for someone to blame. 

Defeat to the Israelites is imminent; but what does Moses tell them?  "DON'T BE AFRAID! Stand firm and see the Lord's salvation He will provide for you today; for the Egyptians you see today, you will never see again.The Lord will fight for you; you must be quiet." In other words he says to them: Defeat is not an option! Be easy and stop complaining. Trust in God and the problems you are facing now the Lord will save you from  and they will cease to exist.God is telling you today defeat is not an option and to trust in Him. He will fight for you and help you through.

So your probably thinking, "yes Henry, I know I have to trust God, and yes I know I need to be positive and not complain, blah blah blah.... I've heard it all before!" I've done that. Why aren't things getting better? Well guys, it's the next step that makes things happen. Next, God tells Moses "Why are you crying out to Me? Tell the Israelites to break camp and march." 

Sometimes we past the time crying out to God saying "Lord please save me from this! Lord please take me out of this situation! Lord I can't take anymore... HELP!" When in reality we should be marching and taking action! Just like God told Moses "Why are you crying out to me? March!" God tells you today the same.

Defeat is not an option and it's time to stop complaining and it's time to take action. When you believe in God and take action, just as the red sea for the Israelites, your adversities will part to the side and you will walk through them over to the other side like if they weren't even there. God bless you all and remember to never give up because DEFEAT IS NOT AN OPTION!

Short prayer
Lord give me the strength to fight and not give up. God I trust in you and I know you will liberate me, save me and take me through the sea of problems I have me in life. Lord you will take me to the promises you have instilled for me. Thank you God for giving me the power and will to take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment