Wednesday, February 15, 2012

His Mercy is Great!


Just recently I had a tremendous encounter with the Lord. I understand now that His mercy is so immense that there's no way you can rationalize or understand it, you just have to accept it. Mercy goes hand and hand with His ever loving grace. It's a gift to us. If we look at the definition of  the word"gift" it is defined as: something given freely for no recompense. God offers us His mercy for nothing in return and we can choose whether or not to accept it and appreciate it.  He endows us with His mercy even though we don't deserve it. It's astonishing, really! Let's read in Mathew Chapter 18 verses 11 - 14 so we can take a closer look at the Lord's mercy towards His children.
It says: "For the son of Man comes to save the lost. What do you think? If a man has 100 sheep, and one of them goes astray, won't he leave 99 on the hillside and go and search for the stray? And if he finds it, I assure you: He rejoices over that sheep more than over the 99 that did not go astray. In that same way, it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones perish."

Amazing!!! That's exactly what I have experience these last few days. Glory be to God, when he saw me  straying away He came to recovery me. He showed me His mercy and I returned to Him - Key phrase here though is not that he came to get me but it's "I returned to Him". It took me hearing His voice and deciding to go towards Him as he was calling for me. Just as a sheep when it hears the voice of her shepherd, she has to listen and return to Him. I chose to listen to His voice when he called me and I returned. How many times have we heard God's voice and refuse to return to Him?

I highly exhort to those that have heard the voice of God someway, somehow; He's calling to you, LISTEN! He just wants the best for us and wants to bless you greatly. I assure you that you will be happy and rejoice when you decide to come back to the good shepherd because it's exactly where we all need to be. I have realized that without God; without my Lord and savior Jesus, I am truly lost in the wilderness. Hope my testimony will help you on you path back to the Lord. God bless you all. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment